Saturday, May 3, 2008

ARLIS, 2008

I've decided that the annual North American Art Libraries Association (ARLIS) conference would be a good time to break my blogging hiatus to write about what I am learning. This year's conference is in Denver, it is May but cold and snowy here, yikes! In regards to my hiatus I will write about it at length soon, but for now I will say that I have been busy turning the tools that I originally posted on this blog into a more user-friendly format on my website http://virginiaallison.com/, check it out!

This semester has provided many challenges that may or may not lead to my enrollment in graduate school with VCU's MATX program or a new position as an art librarian outside of Nashville. Change is a constant part of life, and I am anxious and sad to be leaving the wonderful community I have found in Nashville, but excited for new challenges and adventures to come.

It is day two of the conference and already I am floored with gratitude for my art librarian community. I've found a great group of new professionals (ARLISNAP) who have accepted me into their fold. I've enjoyed hearing from the experiences of others who are new to the profession. Navigating the many critical decisions that we are faced with as newbies, it is helpful to share experiences and advice with others who are in the same boat. These people are my people and as a somewhat solo librarian, I get gitty to be amongst other art librarians.
-Z

No comments: