Tuesday, July 24, 2007

IMPORTANT ZINE WORLD NEWS

REPOSTED FROM JERIANNE, EDITOR OF ZINE WORLD WWW.UNDERGROUNDPRESS.ORG

I'm happy to say that the new issue of Zine World is done and will be
sent off to the printer in the morning.

I'm not so happy to say that we're in piss-poor shape financially.

Usually when we get ready to go to press, I have enough built up in
the Zine World kitty to pay for most of the printing and the postage.
Not so this time.

Printing and associated costs will run about $1200 for this issue; we
have to pay at least 50% upfront. I'll need about $250-300 more for
postage. Right now we have $540 in the kitty.

Why? Because for ZW #23, we didn't get $300+ that we should have.
(Tower owed us $270, Clamor owed $50?, and Reading Frenzy owed $23).
That money would have gone toward paying for #24. Instead, I had to
kick in a little myself (some of which I had to pay myself back,
because money was tight), and some of the money that would have been
set aside to pay for #25 had to be used to pay off the rest of #24's
costs. Another reason is because of increased printing and postage
costs over the last couple of issues, and subscriptions haven't caught
up yet.

In short, if you can kick in some money to the cause, now would be a
good time to make a donation. Even $10 or $20 would help. I will be
donating a couple hundred myself -- but I'd prefer to not have to put
all the postage purchasing on a credit card plus donate a few hundred.
I just can't afford to do all that myself.

I hate to ask. But if even a few of you could make small donations
now, we may be able to get back ahead, instead of finding ourselves
back in this same spot a few months from now.

If you wish to donate, please send funds to Jerianne T. at PO
Box 330156, Murfreesboro TN 37133 or paypal to zineworld@gmail. com.

thanks,
Jerianne

No comments: